Scandal star Joshua Malina, 49, shared 25 surprising and hilarious facts about himself with Us Weekly. Scandal returns to ABC on Sept. 24 at 9 p.m. ET.
1. My family nickname has been “Wheatie” since I was a kid.
2. In 1977, my dad took me to Pelé’s last game as a New York Cosmo.
3. I once signed an autograph for someone who was sure that I was Matthew Broderick.
4. When I met my wife, Melissa, we had both just finished reading David Copperfield. This, combined with her sly humor and fetching looks, left me smitten.
5. As a kid, I created “The Nude Club.” No one joined and we never met.
6. My last name is Polish for raspberry.
7. I am very handsome.
8. I have been blocked on Twitter by Russell Crowe, Star Jones, John Cusack, Chris Brown, and Deepak Chopra.
9. I am fluent in French, Spanish, Hebrew, and Portuguese.
10. I have performed Gilbert and Sullivan with the Harrisburg Symphony Orchestra twice.
11. I was thrown out of two high school varsity soccer matches for fighting.
12. John Malkovich was once rude to me in an elevator.
13. If I could have dinner with any five people, living or dead, I’d make up an excuse and eat at home with my family.
14. As kids, my older sister Toby and I would spin around until we fell over. This was called “The Dizzy Spell.”
15. I believe The Godfather: Part III wasn’t nearly as good as the first two movies in the series.
16. My younger sister Nicole and I played “Bag a Bear.” I’d cover her head with a blanket and she’d have to guess what room I had carried her into.
17. Between us, Allison Janney and I have won six Emmy Awards.
18. I love roller coasters. I am terrified of Ferris wheels.
19. During hiatus from Scandal, my wife and I opened a flower boutique in Pacific Palisades in L.A. called Isarose. She’s the creative genius; I work the cash register.
20. My mom was a musical-theater star when she was an undergrad at Cornell.
21. Michael Ian Black and I created an odd YouTube channel called Sadsadconversation.
22. I can balance a broom on my nose.
23. I have an aversion to even numbers. I would never set my alarm to a time that ends in one.
24. The finale of Bernstein’s Candide always makes me cry.
25. No. 9 is a lie.