1. While you may know her as Mellie Grant onScandal, Bells actually had a number of fab roles before that. She was the fierce & bossass Dr. Grace Miller on Scrubs…
…where she did the most wonderful twist on Marilyn Monroe.
2. She also starred as Beth Clemmons on Criminal Minds.
aka the person who got the constantly brooding Aaron Hotchner to finally loosen up a bit.
3. And as Candace Ford on Castle.
aka the pageant coordinator dealing with a dead body and stuff.
4. And as Kathy on a Grey’s Anatomy–Private Practicecrossover.
5. And now she completely SLAYS on Scandal as FLOTUS…
That glare tho.
6. …where she always brings the sass…
Threats by Mellie.
Eye rolls by Mellie.
Snarkiness by Mellie.
7. …and the big hair.
Damn right it is.
8. She plays one half of what is (was?) arguably the best romantic relationship on the show.
I’m sorry, Olitz who? This romance is hawwwwt.
9. She is also completely presh with Jon Tenney (aka the stud who plays Andrew) IRL.
Just two really attractive people chilling by a fire.
And hiding behind some flowers.
10. She is *so good* at playing drunk.
11. And let’s be real, drunk Mellie is kinda the best thing to ever happen.
12. BY is also ~GORGEOUS.~
Like, really stunning.
13. And she’s incredibly smart.
Did you know that she graduated from Yale, where she was initially a Physics major, and Oxford?
14. She could not be any cuter in interviews/press events if she tried.
Giving a shout-out to her peeps.
Giving us this lil phrase.
And doing her own lil thang on The Wendy Williams Show.
15. She’s got a soft spot for furry creatures, clearly.
But really, she does.
16. She knows how to bust moves on set.
17. And she can sing like nobody’s business.
She got her start on Broadway and more recently, she sang the National Anthem at a Dodgers game. Is there anything she can’t do? As evidenced by the above video, the answer is clearly NOPE.
18. She fangirls just like the rest of us…
19. …and basically just seems like she’d be a blast to hang out with, tbh.
20. Two words: Southern charm.
21. Her reaction to finding out she was nominated for a Critics’ Choice Award was adorable.
Or should I say adoraBELLS? *ba dum tss*
22. As was her reaction when she found out THAT SHE WON…
SO well deserved. Now let’s get that Emmy nomination next year, amirite.
23. …and her recap of events after she won.
24. She may just be the most precious person on Twitter.
25. And she’s undoubtedly the best part of theScandal gag reels.
That’s because she curses like A CHAMP…and we love her for it.
26. And watching her portray a Mellie who straight up did not GIVE A FUCK was one of the best parts of the Scandal Season 4 premiere.
#FuckItMellie, I like u.